These sound a bit lethal, don’t they? They are really rather yummy. Cut them into small squares and serve with vanilla ice-cream – it’s a perfect combination. 🙂
- 250g vegetable oil
- 200g caramel chocolate
- 50g walnut pieces
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 60g glacee cherries
- 80g sifted cocoa powder
- 65g sifted plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large free eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg. Centigrade
- Break up the chocolate into a bowl, melt over a hot water bath. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat. Note: Do not melt the caramel chocolate fully because the caramel will solidify when it re-cools which will make things a little complicated for you.
- Add the oil, nuts, marshmallows to the melted chocolate.
- Add the sifted cocoa, sifted flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and blend into the mix.
- Stir the cherries into the mix.
- Pour the brownie mix into a baking pan lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for approximately 25 mins. The brownie should not be baked dry, i.e. when you place a skewer or knife into the brownie, it should come out with a gooey mix (not bone dry).
- Leave to cool, then remove from the baking pan and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container (ours lasted 5 days until the brownies disappeared completely!). 😀