Chocolate Brownie Cake – made with Jamaican cocoa!
In my last post, I wrote about Chocolate Tea! I also returned from Jamaica with Jamaican cocoa powder. Here is the recipe for this no-nonsense easy peasy chocolate brownie recipe, bearing the taste of Jamaica!
3/4 cup vegetable oil/margarine
1/2 cup Grace Instant Chocolate (Product of Jamaica)
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 medium eggs (unbeaten)
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 chopped nuts (mix: peanuts, walnuts & almonds)
Icing sugar (decoration)
– Grease a baking tray and pre-heat your oven to 160 C.
– Add the margarine/oil and cocoa to a large saucepan. Heat over a low heat until melted.
– Remove from the heat.
– Once cooled slightly (but keep stirring) stir in the egg yolks (one at a time).
– After the egg yolks are stirred through, stir in the egg whites.
– Now stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder and nuts.
– Finally, add the vanilla and stir through.
– Pour the cake mix into the baking tray and bake (approx. 50 mins) until firm to touch. Test the moistness of the cake with the aid of a thin knife.
– Once cooked, take out of the oven and leave to cool.
– Once cooled, remove from the baking tray, portion is up and decorate with icing sugar.