I recently excitedly posted a recipe for Tiramisu. I did forewarn you that I had more variations in mind, and that I would share them with you. So here I am again, with another tiramisu recipe, only this time we are using banana!
3 egg yolks
35g caster sugar
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
220g mascarpone cheese
3 Nespresso capsules
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Milk chocolate chips
White chocolate for shaving
1 large banana
1. Brew the coffee and leave to cool.
2. Hand whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
3. Fold the mascarpone into the mix and set aside.
4. Soak banana slices (sliced lengthways) in the coffee.
5. Dip the ladyfingers into the coffee (with banana). Try not to soak them or they will crumble instantly.
6. Sprinkle some cocoa powder at the bottom of your serving dish/bowl, before placing the coffee soaked biscuits and banana haphazardly into the bowl.
7. Scoop in the mascarpone.
8. Cover with chocolate.
9. Cover and chill in the refrigerator before eating. NB. Tiramisu tastes great when it is a few days old, as the flavours infuse together. I served this tiramisu with fresh raspberries, which I found to go exceptionally well with the banana/chocolate/coffee flavours.